- Selected players receive an email informing them of their selection.
- Here the player can see the games details and start time.
- The email asks the player to come to Clubhouse to confirm they are aware they have been selected and can definitely play.
- Here you can see the dashboard which a player sees when they login asking them to confirm their selection.
- The team manager can easily see who has and hasn't confirmed. This allows him to find replacements if someone drops out or does not respond.
Once the teams have been selected, they can then be published to the club. This will send an email to each player selected on the team and any other people
who have been included in the fixture aswell. The email will inform the person of their selection and include the details of the fixtures such
as opposition, start time etc.
The email is simply a message to tell the player they have been selected, they can bypass this if they wish to and simply check Clubhouse on or the day after
the club usually selects the teams. When logging in to Clubhouse they will be asked to confirm their selection. This allows the team manager to
be sure that all his players know they've been selected and will turn up! If a player still hasn't confirmed his selection 2 days after the team was published Clubhouse
will send another email reminding the player again. A player can also reject a selection if for some reason he is now unavailable or injured.
As the fixture approaches a manager can then make any necessary replacements to those who have dropped
out for whatever reason. All the players on the team can see whether each other have confirmed or not. Once players are aware of this they tend to confirm
quite quickly! Now the team is published, players can prepare for the match.